RPA Resources

CASA Links for SAL Inducted RPA Operators

Tips straight from the CASA website for sub-2kg RPA flights (May 2019):

  • There might be local council and/or national park laws prohibiting drone flights in certain areas.
  • Research the area you plan to fly and contact your council or national park if you’re unsure.
  • Don’t operate near emergency services aircraft – if you fly, they can’t.

And remember to keep current on CASA requirements, according to the timeline in the “Proposed new remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) registration and RPAS operator accreditation scheme (PP 1816US)” the accreditation and registration of Sub-2kg and flying over your own land operators begin September 1st 2019. The process starts for Recreational RPA operators in November this year.

Links for SAL Users curious about CASA requirements

RPA Size Classes

Micro: <100 grams
Very Small: 100 grams to 2 kilograms
Small: 2 kilograms to 25 kilograms     <=  A RePL is most likely required.
Medium: 25 kilograms to 150 kilograms   <=  You need your RePL, seriously…

Other Organisations with Accessible RPA Policies